- Elaine McAllister may collect your data while you are on her website. This page explains why, and how it is used. I take your privacy seriously.
- Your information is collected when you fill out a form on this website, including your full name and email address, and any comments you may include in the form fields.
- Your email address is added to my automatic email subscription service, which is used to send you new posts from my blog, and information about my business and services. You can opt out of this subscription service at any time by clicking “Unsubscribe” in my email.
- I always use a “double opt-in” service, where users not only fill out our subscription form, but confirm that they want to be added to my list. This is to make sure that you really are the one filling out the form and request.
- Your data will be stored in Mailchimp until you request that I remove it.
- If you purchase an item through www.elainemcallister.com, your data is collected by third parties.
- I will never share or sell your data.
- You as the user have rights to request that I edit or remove your data from my system at any time. You may also request to see how your data has been used.
- For more information, or to submit a request or complaint, simply email me at email@example.com .
Who I am
My website address is: https://www.elainemcallister.com
What personal data I collect and why I collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site I collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on my site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, I will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, I will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long my site retains your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on this website (if any), I also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data it holds about you, including any data you have provided. You can also request that I erase any personal data. This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where I send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- For more information, or to submit a request or complaint, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org